HOW TO Build
Manufacturers who can accept the open source license are free to download, clone, or fork the repository we provide on Github, and to use these materials to build and/or modify a reference implementation of the AAU Pandemic Ventilator. With this approach you can manufacture your own version of the AAU Pandemic Ventilator.
Please note that this will mean the following for you as a manufacturer:
• The permissive open source license implies that anyone can modify and build the AAU Pandemic Ventilator. However, by doing so you also accept all legal responsibility for making the AAU Pandemic Ventilator available.
• When you download, clone, or fork the materials provided on Github for the AAU Pandemic Ventilator this action is an accept of its license.
• If you modify, transform, improve or build upon the AAU Pandemic Ventilator, you are obligated to make your modifications available under a license that includes terms and conditions of use identical to the terms and conditions of use of the AAU Pandemic Ventilator.
• You are encouraged to let us know of your effort to build the AAU Pandemic Ventilator so we can make this information available to those in need. We will greatly appreciate your feedback.
For building and/or modifying a reference implementation, we recommend the following:
• Obtain a copy of the materials provided on Github for the AAU Pandemic Ventilator. We strongly recommend that you fork the repository. This will allow you to both update your version of the materials as they become available on our repository, and it will allow you to contribute back to the project with your work when and if you are ready to do so.
• Implement a reference implementation while making necessary changes to the implementation based on what parts are available to you in your region.
• Review your implementation to ensure that it still conforms to the Technical Requirements and the Instructions for Use provided in the materials for the AAU Pandemic Ventilator.
• Test your implementation of the AAU Pandemic Ventilator by performing the verification specified in the Verification Protocols provided in the material and comparing them to the expected results and Test Reports for the reference implementation.
• When your implementation passes verification, we hope that you will contribute back your work to the repository for the AAU Pandemic Ventilator.
• We also hope that you will inform us of your intention to produce the AAU Pandemic Ventilator and your progress so we can assist you in the progress, and if successful we can list you in the List of Manufacturers of the AAU Pandemic Ventilator.