For building and/or modifying a reference implementation, we recommend the following:
• Obtain a copy of the materials provided on Github for the AAU Pandemic Ventilator. We strongly recommend that you fork the repository. This will allow you to both update your version of the materials as they become available on our repository, and it will allow you to contribute back to the project with your work when and if you are ready to do so.
• Implement a reference implementation while making necessary changes to the implementation based on what parts are available to you in your region.
• Review your implementation to ensure that it still conforms to the Technical Requirements and the Instructions for Use provided in the materials for the AAU Pandemic Ventilator.
• Test your implementation of the AAU Pandemic Ventilator by performing the verification specified in the Verification Protocols provided in the material and comparing them to the expected results and Test Reports for the reference implementation.
• When your implementation passes verification, we hope that you will contribute back your work to the repository for the AAU Pandemic Ventilator.
• We also hope that you will inform us of your intention to produce the AAU Pandemic Ventilator and your progress so we can assist you in the progress, and if successful we can list you in the List of Manufacturers of the AAU Pandemic Ventilator.